I'll follow Jim's (Napoleon's HQ) example and set my "gaming goals" for the year.
- Play at least one actual game every 6 weeks. Hard to do with two tots running about, but one must try. I'd like to be able to RUN a game at least twice a year (if not more).
- Get enough Western Front WWI figures painted to actually help Jim in his forthcoming April WWI game. Right now there are LMG teams in the super-glue/ pre-primer stage; these will be painted next after I finish the 4 Sikhs I'm finishing up now.
- Stay ON TASK! I've been at this WWI thing for about 18 months non-stop and I'm beginning to get somewhere. My biggest enemy is drifting interest and rules geekishness (a desire to try out interesting rule-sets). Luckily I've got lots of reading material to keep me focused. Biggest potential distraction currently: North Africa WWII. But why would I go there.
- Reduce spending on lead. More accurately buy with the project in mind. There should be lots of good stuff coming out from Woodbine and Artizan/ Brigade so I should try not to drift off into... other things... so NO (more) impulse purchases of unpainted Minifigs Indian Mutiny figures, 10 mm Pendraken WWI or Conquest Seminole War figures!
- Paint the lead I have. (See earlier posting). I've got at least 75% more figures for each side. That's really enough to last me through the year, if I let it.
- Buy terrain & scenics. This is where my money should really go, since it actually goes on the table instead of sitting in a box in a cabinet. Money spent here translates directly into better gaming.