- It would be great if they would make an effort to release all appropriate figures necessary to construct a normal Infantry Platoon. This would mean that British / Imperial Infantry would have packs that included Lewis Gunners, Rifle grenadiers, Vickers teams, NCOs armed with rifles and Bomber teams.
- Mountain Guns-- These were common on both sides and would be much more likely to show up on-table than the field artillery that's commonly available.
- Hotchkiss Rifles (LMGs)-- from 1916 all British and Indian cavalry had these LMGs available at the troop level. Releasing cavalry without these weapons makes it impossible to replicate the cavalry tactics of this theater. At present no one makes these.
- Signals teams-- It would be great to be able to integrate these figures into our games. Artillery spotters, telephonists, heliograph operators, figures shooting verey lights and other signalists(?) would allow a more appropriate use of off-board artillery and other scenario specific possibilities. Communications difficulties were often a central part of why Great War battles played out the way they did. Also some rules (notably If the Lord Spares Us) depend on signals bases as part of their C & C rules.
- Turkish Cavalry-- Only one company makes these, and they are not lancers.
- Hussars-- several regiments were posted in Mesopotamia
- Imperial Camel Corps-- mounted & dismounted; 'nuff said
Having enjoyed putting together the Airfix cottage I felt inspired to have a go at the church next. Things didn’t go quite as well this time and there are...